SAE 660 has become one of the most widely used alloys in the leaded bronze range in the last few years. This is mainly due to its versatility as a medium range bronze with many applications.
The cost effectiveness of SAE660, when used in applications where sand-cast tin bronzes were widely used, is well known.
SAE 660 has many uses such as:
· Bearings for lifting tackle.
· Secondary bearings in machine tools
· Valve and slide seating rings
· Bearings in package machinery
· Guide bushes etc…
· General bearings in mechanical engineering and chemical equipment.
SAE 660 is one of the continuously cast semi finished products which provides the following benefits…
· Completely sound castings, free from pores, shrinkage, cavities, blowholes and segregation. (Hence a very low scrap yield.)
· Smooth clean surfaces and close dimensional tolerances. (Hence very little machining and therefore negligible material loss and low production costs.)
· Good machinability and no hard casting skin. (Therefore a longer tool life).
SAE 660 is mainly available in rods and hollows…
Round Bar from ½”
Hollows from 1”OD-16”OD
Click Here to see the full stock range of SAE660